Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fall Decor

Since it's still the month of November I'm going to post a couple of Fall themed crafts ...

Front Porch Ghosts

Materials:
Each is made with roughly 1 yard of muslin (1$ per yd. at Wal-Mart), a Tupperware bowl, Duct tape, thread (any color will do, I used black), and a black permanent marker.

Instructions:
I turned the Tupperware bowl upside down, threaded my needle and knotted the end, attached the thread to the bottom of the bowl with the Duct tape. Next I found the center of my muslin and drew a pair of eyes and a ghostly mouth. Last I passed the needle through the center of the muslin just above the face. I have some plant hooks on my front porch and I hung the ghosts there. :)


Pumpkin Planter

Materials:
A pumpkin, potting soil, flowers or a plant.
Optional: jute or ribbon for a bow and a cute Give Thanks door hanger from the craft store.

Instructions:
First I hollowed out the pumpkin (I saved the seeds and baked them, YUM!). Next I added a bit of soil inside the pumpkin and planted the plant just like in a pot. Last I added the bows and hung the Give Thanks door hanger on the front.


No comments:

Post a Comment